Name/Location: 18 Park (Downtown Jersey City)
Developer: Ironstate Development Company and The KRE Group
Units: 422 luxury rental residences
Status: Opened July, 2014. Nearly 90% leased in record time
- Developed by Ironstate Development Company and The KRE Group.
- Opened July, 2014 and is now nearly 90% leased.
- 11-story, 422-unit luxury rental building.
- In Jersey City’s Liberty Harbor Redevelopment District, adjacent to Marin Boulevard Light Rail station and near PATH and ferry service to Manhattan.
- Received LEED Silver designation in December, 2014.
- Follows Feng Shui certification principles set forth by Feng Shui Manhattan.
- Designed in collaboration between HWKN Architects and Minno & Wasko Architects.
- A collection of studio-, one- and two-bedroom residences are offered, with select homes featuring a balcony or terrace with sweeping views of the Hudson River, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and downtown Manhattan. Several residences are built “townhome style,” with direct access from the street.
- 10,500 square feet of retail space.
- Amenities include contemporary lobby, full-service fitness center, outdoor swimming pool, landscaped outdoor deck with planted green garden roof, billiards room, children’s playroom, catering kitchen and dining space, Wi-Fi lounge, television screening section and private storage space.
- 373 parking spaces in covered, enclosed parking deck.
- Building includes a state-of-the-art facility for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Hudson County, with approximately 34,000 square-feet of modern classroom and recreational space. The new facility, which opened in September, is independently accessed and operated and includes high-tech classroom spaces, room for arts and music programs, a spectacular gymnasium with a floor-to-ceiling glass wall, and a modern lobby entrance. The new space replaces the Boys & Girls Clubs’ previous facility, which was built in 1912 as a storage facility and retrofitted in 1984 by the organization, and has since become outdated, inefficient and costly to maintain.
- “Jersey City has become a magnet for residents seeking quality housing alternatives at better values than Manhattan and parts of Brooklyn, and the area’s extensive mass transportation options including PATH and ferry service to downtown and midtown Manhattan add a level of convenience unparalleled in much of the marketplace,” notes David Barry, President of Hoboken-based Ironstate Development Company. “18 Park continues to meet that demand with a combination of well-designed residences and a strong amenity package in the heart of a growing and dynamic downtown setting.”
- “People of all ages want to live here to enjoy the proximity to Manhattan and a high-quality housing experience with convenient transportation and easy access to dining and nightlife,” notes Jonathan Kushner, President of Kushner Real Estate Group. “Jersey City has become a national success story in terms of the redevelopment that’s taken place here which has effectively blended new residential, retail, commercial and recreational space with an enviable riverfront location to create a comprehensive lifestyle experience that continues to progress.”